Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Godzilla VS Me


I got a new member to my expanding "toy family" a few weeks back and I couldn't be happier. This is the HG toys Godzilla figure from their awesome "Godzilla Vs the Tricephalon" playset released in 1979. I saw it in the back of Famous Monsters magazine as a kid and knew one day I would own it, this Zilla is the closest I have come to that goal.

My first surprise is that he's "HUGE", I was expecting him to be in "Green Army man" type scale and he sort of is, as he towers over them just like Godzilla should.

See? He's awesome, the plane and frightened person are also from the set, I won those in another auction.

Just for scale, that's a Mexican Mego Superman next to him. This guy is one serious lump of plastic (and old school toy love).



One of these days boy....

7 comments:

Sharon Day said...

What a find!

Bubbashelby said...

Nice! That set is a beauty - I too hope someday to own one (or at least the Godzilla from the set!)

he is much larger than I imagined as well.

Ally said...

Wow, that's awesome!

Visit me at FourthGradeNothing.com

Kathie said...

He is an awesome toy!! Actually I just looked through your blog and had a good laugh!! WHY??? Born in '61 and grew up in the '70's really....what a hoot...I'm an aussie gal and can still remember this stuff now it just makes me giggle!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Kathie

Arkonbey said...

sweet. He looks in really good shape.

Now, that little F-106-looking jet. Is that from the playset? I seem to remember having this SAC playset that was a bunch of those hollow jets and a big, vinyl playmat.

Cory said...

Great post my friend! Especially since it triggered a huge rush of excitement for me. I actually had a huge jigsaw puzzle as a child with the exact artwork on the box for the playset. I must have put that thing together a dozen times. I really wish I could find it again somehow.

Unknown said...

Colorful Collection. I like all the godzilla movies and I became a fan of it too. I started collecting many Godzilla Toys.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin