Sunday, October 17, 2010

Colouring Book Theatre: Creature from the Black Lagoon

Universal Monsters" by Golden

Our final look at this fun book was chosen by you the reader and I can't honestly say I'm surprised it's the creech, his popularity is probably why his toys cost so darn much in any assortment.

To be honest, I share that fascination and always have, the Creature sits at the cool kid table in the Universal Monsters cafeteria.


Bring your green crayon and join me after the jump:



Unlike the other pieces in this book, the Creature segment doesn't attempt to tell a story and nearly all panels feature the Creature, much of which is culled from classic stills.
Here the Creature menaces some Scuba divers, Julie adams and her swimsuit are nowhere to be found, which I guess isn't surprising.
I'm not sure why the artist felt the need to give the Creature fangs, probably to appeal to kids more at least the art is nice.

I remember this shot being sold as a poster in the back of comics.

Next Week: Jaws 2




If you have a colouring book you'd like to guest review, I'd like to hear from you!

2 comments:

Tex said...

"Our final look at this fun book..."

FINAL LOOK?!?!

Dadblastit, show the Bride so we can complete the collection, yah?

Tex
(the Creature with FANGS?! Yeesh!)

Plaidstallions said...

Tex- I'll revisit this book after October and look at the Bride, it's too neat not to.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin