Friday, February 24, 2012

Rack Toys: the book (the web page)


I've progressed far enough now that I'm ready to launch a seperate web page for my upcoming book tentatively titled "Rack Toys : Cheap, Crazed Playthings".

On the new page you will find:

  • A detailed explaination of what the book is about
  • A basic outline of it's content
  • Teases as to it's look and design
The one thing I'd like to stress here is while this site is firmly entranched in the 1970s, Rack Toys will cover a number of decades and genres. Oh, there will be some Hasselhoff in this puppy....


Oh and lastly (wait for it)... the page details ways you can get involved!



In an effort to make sure this book is absolutely, jam packed as possible with dime store goodness, I am calling on you, my loyal audience for the following items:

1) Photos of your rack toys, from the average to the bizarre. Don't for a second think "He won't want a photo of this tea set from "Small Wonder"!" because you're wrong, that would make my day.



2) Any scans of advertisement or catalogs from Rack Toy manufacturers from the last 40 years.

3) If you know any former employees of the many companies I have listed on the page (like AHI or Imperial) and get me in touch, I would be in your debt.

More book teases and information are on the new Rack Toys Book Page.

Rack Toys is set to be released September 2012, for the love of Mike, please tell your friends.....

2 comments:

plasticfetish said...

Seriously... awesome. Can't wait.

Tex said...

This book will be mine!

Tex
(oh yes, it WILL be mine)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin